One Love, One Heart 5K for CdLS
About the race
Name: One Love, One Heart 5K
Distance: 5K Run/Walk
Date: Saturday, December 8, 2018
Location: Decatur, Ga.
“One love refers to the universal love and respect expressed by all people for all people”.
Race to benefit the Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Foundation and research facilities.
Find out more about CdLS below.
Ed Williams - 404-993-1975
Jen or Jim Pomfret - 404-838-8184
- Saturday, December 8
8:45 a.m. - Race Day Registration
10:00 a.m. - 5K Run/Walk.
- online registration
- paper registration
Pre-registration (by November 24) - $25
After November 24 & Race day registration - $30
CdLS Immediate Family Receive Free Entry*
*Immediate Family: moms, dads and siblings of an individual with CdLS are free, but need to register.
Awards and Extras
Overall male and female; overall masters male and female; top male and female in each age group as follows:
14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60 and over
- Delicious refreshments will be available
- Great playground for kids to play
- Guaranteed long-sleeve t-shorts for all pre-registered runners; while supplies last for on-site registrants
From the south: 675N - Merge onto 285E toward Augusta Greenville ~ Exit 39A toward Decatur/Atlanta ~ follow 78W (turns into 29S), pass light at Orion Road ~ First road on right past light turn onto Harrington Dr. ~ Turn left onto Wood Trail Ln ~ Pass Medlock Elementary School on right ~ Turn left onto Desmond Dr. ~ Turn right onto Scott Circle ~ Park ahead on right
Coming from Emory ~ on North Decatur Rd. ~ turn left onto Willivee Drive (if you hit Scott Blvd. you have gone too far) ~ follow signs to Medlock Park
From 85: If you are coming south on 85 get off at the Clairmont Road Exit ~ take a left off the exit ~ follow Clairmont Road until you get to N. Decatur Road ~ turn left on N. Decatur ~ take a left on Willivee Drive ~ follow signs to Medlock Park.
If you are coming north on 85 get off at the Clairmont Road Exit ~ take a right off the exit follow Clairmont Road until you get to N. Decatur Road ~ turn left on N. Decatur ~ take a left on Willivee Drive ~ follow signs to Medlock Park.
Information about CdLS
- Cornelia de Lange Syndrome occurs between 1:10,000 to 1:30,000 live births
- Common characteristic include low birth weight, developmental delays, delayed growth, heart defects, feeding difficulties, hearing loss, and limb differences
- The cause is currently being researched and the gene has recently been located. There is much more research ahead to be done.
- The Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Foundation is a family support organization which exists to ensure early and accurate diagnosis of CdLS, promote research into the causes and manifestations of the syndrome, and help people with a diagnosis of CdLS and others with similar characteristics, make informed decisions throughout their lifetime.